WED 19 AUG
- In the MVV stadium, cantus band Groots met een valse G tries to get the atmosphere of a cantus through the screen into the living room of the Maastricht students. The cantus bundle is a PDF this year, the music and drink party itself can be followed via a live stream.
- Every morning, students gather at the Sports Center for a tough workout from UM Sport. While wiping the sweat from their foreheads, they follow a trail of squats, burpees and abdominal exercises.
Read the article here: https://bit.ly/2FKcbjf
TUE 18 AUG
- The CultiNight has started. First-year students can get a digital introduction to, among others, the Natural History Museum and Toneelgroep Maastricht. The Tuna de Maastricht and student theater association Alles is Drama hold interactive sessions. It is not busy, but that should not spoil the fun for the members.
Read the article here: https://bit.ly/3hgcaBd
- Barbecuing in the Stadspark should be allowed. The cafes should be open 24 hours a day. You should be allowed to drink an alcoholic drink on the street. Hazing should be abolished. A selection of the statements that first four political youth parties will be debating on Tuesday morning and then the four major Maastricht student associations.
Read the article here: https://bit.ly/2FDbTud
MON 17 AUG
- The offical opening of the Inkom took place tonight. Not from the Markt as usual, but from the roof of the MECC. DJs Remco Gaiteros, Freddy Moreira and Sophie Francis performed. The Inkom participants were able to enjoy their beats via a live stream. On the roof itself, only the organisation and a few guests were present, such as the parents of the Werkgroep Inkom, who traditionally come to the opening. Photo: Joey Roberts
Read the article here: https://bit.ly/3hfysmP
- No less than 82 percent of the participants came to the information market at the Tapijnkazerne. "That is great", says Milou Berdenis van Berlekom, chair of the Inkom Working Group. Because the digital program of the Inkom is leading this year, the organization did not know how many participants would actually travel to Maastricht.
Read the article here: https://bit.ly/3g8ccKg
- The Inkom starts today. The nearly three thousand participants can log in to the online platform that has been set up especially for this introduction week. Today, the first-year students will get to know their group online and visit to the information market at the Tapijn. Tonight, the Working Group Inkom will officially open the week via a live stream.
TUE 11 AUG
- In consultation with Maastricht University and the student associations, the Working Group Inkom has scrapped almost all physical meetings from the program. Only the information market on Monday and activities organized by third parties, such as the City Walk and the Movie Night, will take place. The participants are not allowed to go there with their mentor group, but they must register individually.
THU 6 AUG
- The Dutch government has decided that the student introduction weeks may continue, but with further restrictions. The entire introduction must take place online as much as possible, physical meetings are only possible if it concerns informational matters, hazing of student associations is prohibited, meetings of sports and study associations must take place in small groups, keeping 1.5 meter distance, without alcohol and until the latest 10:00 PM. Last but not least, the entire program must have the permission of the university's Executive Board and the chairman of the security region committee.
In this blog we write daily about (digital) activities and news during the Inkom, the introduction week for first-year students at Maastricht University.