Sign up for one or more of Observant's "Effective writing" workshops. Develop a facile pen, learn to focus your angle of approach and improve the structure of your writing. The six workshops are also a great introduction to journalism.
- The six workshops, presented by professional journalists, can be taken separately. For certain workshops, prior submission of a column or article will be required.
- The workshops are open to students, UM staff and anyone from outside the UM who is interested. The workshops will be both in Dutch and English.
- The maximum number of participants per workshop is eight.
- Groups – of at least six people – can sign up separately. Dates and times will be determined in consultation.
- The workshops are held at the Observant office (Sint Servaasklooster 32)
Workshop 1: News and press releases: how to get my message or conclusion on paper in a concise way.
Date and time: Thursday, 12 March 2015 from 15:00 to 17:30hrs.
Workshop 2: The interview: how to go about it, which questions to ask and how to write it down.
Date and time: Thursday, 19 March 2015 from 15:00 to 17:30hrs.
Workshop 3: Writing about science for a wide audience: how to express complex issues in simple language.
Date and time: Thursday, 26 March 2015 from 15:00 to 17:30hrs.
Workshop 4: The reporter: how to create a captivating, subject-specific account of a conference, a study day, student event, etc.
Date and time: Thursday, 9 April 2015 from 15:00 to 17:30hrs.
Workshop 5: The column: humour, content, anecdote, suspense, all in 400 words.
Date and time: Thursday, 16 April 2015 from 15:00 to 17:30hrs.
Workshop 6: Writing for a website: a website is not a paper publication and requires a different approach.
Date and time: Thursday, 23 April 2015 from 15:00 to 17:30hrs.
UM students: 30 euros per workshop (6 for 160 euros)
UM staff, alumni and members SenUM: 100 euros per workshop (6 for 550 euros)
Non-UM participants: 110 euros per workshop (6 for 600 euros)
For information, please contact email@example.com or 043-3885384
For registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration before Monday 2 March 2015 9:00 in the morning