Tortilla with spinach and feta cheese
For: 2 people
Preparation time: approximately 30 minutes
- 2 potatoes
- 200 grams spinach
- 75 grams feta cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 6 medium-sized eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- A frying pan (“preferably one with a lid, but I don't have one myself either. So I use a sheet of aluminium foil”)
- A spatula
- Chopping board + knife
- A bowl
- Wash and peel the potatoes and chop them into blocks of approximately half a centimetre. Be careful: if you chop them bigger, then they won't cook well enough.
- Chop the red onion in semi-circles and the garlic into tiny pieces.
- Put some olive oil in a pan and fry the red onion and garlic on a medium-high heat.
- Add the potato blocks to fry.
- Add the spinach little by little while stirring the mixture so that the spinach shrinks.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and crumble the feta cheese through the eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and place the lid on the pan.
- Cook the tortilla approximately 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Shake the pan every now and again to prevent it from sticking and turn down the heat if necessary.
- You can take leftovers to the uni the following day as lunch.